Guardians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Speak 2 Guide!

3 posters

Go down

Team Speak 2 Guide! Empty Team Speak 2 Guide!

Post  Dve Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:02 am

Table of Contents
1.0 - Introduction
2.0 - Where To Download
3.0 - How To Connect
4.0 - Settings, and Rank Descriptions

1.0 - Introduction

» Teamspeak. Basically, a voice communications (voice comms) tool for real time voice chat over the internet. This is sometimes referred to as voice over IP. All you need is a microphone/headset and your set for voice chatting with friends & guild mates.

» Teamspeak is great when playing PW or any other game! Why you ask? Because it has that ability to notify your guild about anything without the chat delay. Possibly the best use for TeamSpeak when playing PW is pking, TW, caves and bosses. It's also good for if you just want to chat to your friends without having to type all the time, and you can even record what everyone is saying!

2.0 - Where To Download

to download Teamspeak go to:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Download the first 'TeamSpeak 2 Client' on the list, chose any mirror and click download.

you will be taken to another page. Scroll down and click on 'I Agree'.

3.0 - How To Connect
After downloading, and installing, open the program up.

There are two ways to connect:
Quick Connect: Using this method is good for when you only use 1 server and never go into any other servers. Using this method you'll need to remember 'Login Name' and we'll get more into that later.
Connect: Great for when you use multiple servers & only want to type things once without having to remember them.

First let's help you learn how to Connect using 'Quick Connect'
Open up TeamSpeak, up top and click 'Connection' and choose 'Quick Connect'

A pop-up will appear, and you'll need to enter a server ip, nickname(the name you'll appear as), and a server password if the server requires one. (Our server does NOT)

Server Address: 91.121.183.129:8767
Nickname: Your in game name

Login Name(Optional): Leave blank
Password: Leave blank

Now, i'll teach you how to connect using the 'Connect' option through 'Connection.'
Once again, open up teamspeak and up top go to 'Connection' and choose 'Connect'

You'll need to add a server so you'll be able to connect. Right click 'Severs' and choose 'Add Server'

Pay attention to 'ENTER YOUR SERVER NAME'. 'New Server' is the default name after you choose 'Add Server'. Click on it, and a panel will open up on your right side and this is where you'll add all your information, and it will save it all for you after you type it in therefor you never have to remember anything.

Label: Guardians Temp server
Server Address: 91.121.183.129:8767
Nickname: Your In game name
Leave 'Allow server to assign nickname' unticked
Make sure you tick 'Anonymous'

and leave the rest BLANK

4.0 - Settings, and Rank Descriptions
We'll start with settings. At the top of the client there is a 'Settings' dropdown, click it. Choose 'Sound Input/Output Settings.' I recommend using 'Push to talk' for starters, eventually after you learn more you can use 'Voice activation,' but many people get annoyed with people who don't know what they're doing and they have their activation level so low it echos and most of the time you'll get kicked from the server.

Choose 'Push to talk' and click 'Set' and than hit the button you want to use. When you hit this button it will allow you to talk, and you'll have to hold it down while your talking. If you talk without holding the button down, no one will hear you. You can change your button at anytime, or you can clear it completely. Some buttons will interfere with your PW game play so make sure you find one which doe not.

After you use Teamspeak for awhile you'll notice that there are letters behind everyone's nickname between ( ). Goteamspeak.com has a great description list for all of them. I couldn't simply make up my own descriptions, because all servers have different permission settings. Click here if you wish to see the full list, near the bottom in FAQ.
U = Unregistered user
Unregistered users normally have less rights then registered users. Unregistered users CAN get AV, AO, CA or SA, but these rights will NOT be saved until the user has registered with the server.

R = Registered user
Registered users usually have more rights than unregistered users and they can theoretically get all available flags including CA, SA, AV and AO.

SA = ServerAdmin
ServerAdmins have full access to the servers functions. Depending on the servers configuration they can also change the servers permission-settings.

V = Voiced user
Users with voice rights can talk in moderated channels. This flag is only availabe in moderated channels.

AV = AutoVoice
This is a permanent flag which automatically gives the user voice rights when he joins the channel he got this right in. This flag is only availabe in moderated channels.

O = Operator
An operators main task is to give the voice flag to other users. Depending on the servers configuration they can also give AutoVoice rights. This flag is only availabe in moderated channels.

AO = AutoOperator
This is a permanent right which automatically gives the user operator rights when he joins the channel he got this right in. This flag is only availabe in moderated channels.

CA = ChannelAdmin
A ChannelAdmins main task is to manage a channel and it's users. Depending on the servers configuration they can give V, O, AV, AO and even CA.
You'll also notice that some channels will have flags in there names too between ( ). This list is also from Goteamspeak.com Click here if you wish to see the full list, near the bottom in FAQ.
U = Unregistered channel
Unregistered channels are temporary channels. They will be deleted when the last user leaves the channel.

R = Registered channel
Registered channels are permanent channels. They will stay until someone deletes them manually.

M = Moderated channel
Users need specific flags to be able to talk in moderated channels.

S = Sub-Channels allowed
Channels with this flags can have sub-channels.

D = Default channel
The default channel is the channel all users will join in unless they've specified another channel when connecting to the server. There is exactly one default channel per server.

if you need any help, just ask Smile

Dve

Dve

Back to top Go down

Team Speak 2 Guide! Empty KK have done

Post  Apocalpse Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 am

kk, i have downloaded and installed teamspeaker2, and have connected to a french clan i think? i used the info and i think am ready to go thx, apoc......... Rolling Eyes
Apocalpse
Apocalpse

Back to top Go down

Team Speak 2 Guide! Empty Re: Team Speak 2 Guide!

Post  Dve Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:58 am

ye thts the server, its a french clan, i have told them about us using it and they are ok with it. if we are on we will just join another channel Smile

Dve

Back to top Go down

Post  Azuradam Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:52 am

Thanks for that Dave
I've done everything you've said I think, so hopefully it will come in a lot of use Smile
Azuradam
Azuradam
Admin

https://pwguardians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down